Friday, November 25, 2011

Daybreak - literally.....

I wake up because this huge (and I'm not using this word lightly) dog is breathing in my face. My son before he went back to his base thought I would need a guard dog  so he and his girlfriend went down to the humane society and brought back 2 of the most incredibly beautiful HUGE great dane size Huskies. I know it was a sweet thought however neither of them like me. They run away daily and my neighbors are getting rather upset. Now I have 20 acres and you would think for a dog that would be enough room to roam
not for this pair. They have gone as far as 10 miles from the house several times. I've tried containment (they dug out), walking one then the other (the other figured out how to open the door a off we go). Nothing seems to stop their plans for running away. So this morning I walk one had her on the lease and the other busted through the door.
I'm sure my neighbors (in Iowa terms that is normally about 1/4 mile away) got a good laugh as I was out there in my pajamas driving the car chasing this dog who wants nothing to do with me. An hour later I'm back home have a chai tea and hope no one was using their new camera. Lord help me it probably will be on youtube.
I sit down to get my list together today. Mentally ticking off things that need to be done. Get an email message from my ex. It didn't take me long to give up on our relationship......Really? Tell him to read my first blog please. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying now.
Good morning World!

No comments:

Post a Comment