Saturday, November 26, 2011

Light of a Brand New Day

That song came to me as I was putting my thoughts together for today. I've always admired Dolly Parton, not for the reasons everyone thinks. When she made something of herself she never forgot where she came from. Dollywood while is joked about is a huge attraction in Pigeon Forge and employes many of her family. She runs an eagle rescue sanctuary there with goals to grow the population back in East TN. She makes a contract with every child coming through junior high in her county that a monetary gift will be given to them upon graduation of high school. She has a book distribution that goes out to kids who want to read. All these things because they were part of her life and important to her. How incredible to remember where you come from what made you. She never graduated high school and feels its important that kids do. Family is important and kept her together when she had nothing. The east TN wildlife gave her inspiration. I want to be that kind of person, grateful. So today is a brand new day.
I was so touched when my friends reached out to me after I started this and I am so grateful that y'all are there in the background keeping my strength up when I just do not have it. For my life I defined myself by who I was. I always someones girlfriend or wife and that defined me. I was wrong I define me by who I am. I am a strong person who has faced some scary stuff, I am the mother of two incredible children who I will fiercely defend with every ounce of who I am. I have great attributes to bring to the table, so I do not NEED a man to define me. Of course its nice to drag one around to hold your purse now and again but even that I can live without.
Love to all - Check out the song.....its something special.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBP10FeI0E4 

No comments:

Post a Comment